Wednesday, October 6, 2010

(NOT A) Typical Tuesday


Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

The fruit of the womb is a reward.

 
Today was not a typical Tuesday. Today was Paolo's 6th birthday!! I still can't believe it, my little Pie Man is 6 years old... Paolo wanted an "Agent Birthday Party." He loves Lego Agents, so an Agent party is what he got.


We spent most of the day building his new Lego Agent Speed Boat Rescue. Lego's are the coolest toys ever... probably the most expensive as well... seriously, we all but have to put a lien on the house for Christmas, when they all want Lego's... another post? Right. So, I also bought the cake this year. Last year I had more energy, but this year we're going with Giant Eagle Cakes. Let me tell you, they could have put a little more "oomph" into the decorating (Paolo wanted the Lego Agent "A" symbol on the cake), but oh, MY, did it taste good!!


So let me preface the video and pics by saying that I feel really bad. Our kids rarely get straight up candy. Today they had a bag full, plus the cake and ice cream. Honestly, Paolo looks like he just did heroin... the poor kid may not even remember the events of today. At least he had fun...




The boys were diggin' the agent thing


 Teodata dug them in their gear


I don't think the sparkler "6" added anything at all good to an already out-of-it Paolo... strike two Mom....


Poor Guy was afraid of his own cake



When the thing finally went out, he blew the candle out before I got a chance to take a picture. Strike three Mom, you're out! You blew Paolo's sixth birthday....




A blurry vision of cake filled babies



I mean, doesn't he look like he was just at a Zeppelin reunion tour?


By the way, this was all typed yesterday (on Tuesday!) but Blogger was giving me trouble posting photos. Finally got it up and running. See you tonight... more birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment