Saturday, September 4, 2010

MEET CAPTAIN REX

So, I didn't feel as though I had enough to keep me busy... what with homeschooling, my pending autoimmune diagnoses, doctors appts, twins, 3 (THREE, not SEVEN) acres to take care of... gets boring you know? I thought "Hey! We need a PET to liven things up around here.... scatter some bird seed... and er...um... doo-doo on my head... stank, and screeching..."

In all seriousness, Sam has been begging for a pet for a long, long time. Adam and I have been praying about it, and I began to do some research. I found out that dogs are not recommended for wee ones. The best pets for little kids are (are you ready for this?) "Fancy Rats"... ugh! Guinea pigs (and the like) and birds. Adam does not want a pet at all. He does know that there's been a lot of research on how pets really help autistic children. This made him at least pray about it. Now the fact that we both had an extremely unfortunate incident with a parrot in a pet store (still don't know what happened to said parrot after Adam spiked him off of the floor... appeared to be OK, but we weren't sticking around for him to attack us again.), did not help the whole Bird Idea. Still, Adam has at least admitted that sun conures are smart, and that Captain Rex (Sam's name for the bird) is "very cool." Perhaps that's about all the love we'll get out of Adam.

And here's Captain Rex:

Pitiful huh?

He *should* look like this by the time we take him home:

1 comment:

  1. I feel as though I need to see pictures of the kiddos! love, Mer

    ReplyDelete