Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sam Turned *9* N-I-N-E * 9* !!!

Yesterday our little man Sam turned 9 yrs old... It's bittersweet watching him grow so fast... such a "Man" in so many ways... wise beyond his yrs... so thoughtfull... so much like Adam. Below are some quotes from Sam concerning his birthday. Following those are some pics from the day and eve... actually broke out my camera. =)_

  1. (the day before his birthday) "I feel birthday-ish.... I feel a little bit of birthday comin' on." 
  2. (after seeing the disaster of a cake I made and my commenting on how "sad" it looked) "It's not sad. It's happy because it's so beautiful... besides, it'll taste yummy. Don't worry mommy, all your work didn't got  to waste."
  3. (After hearing that Pappy and Grandma wouldn't be able to come for his "party") "Well, make sure you send them some cake... and some party hats too."
  4. (after receiving his gifts from Adam and I) "Oh thank you!! Thank you!! ... I hope this didn't make you go broke... did it?"  =)
OK, let me preface this cake by saying that, #1 this was Sam's request, "A cake that has steps that go up and up and up, and the icing is all the colors of the rainbow."... I had to try and make this cake! #2 It does look sad. #3 If ever I'm in attendance at any social function, and someone offers me a piece of cake that looks like anything like the one pictured below (you know, like someone "handled it" WAY too much?), I will most definitely, and most adamantly, decline. =)
















1 comment:

  1. It's a Dr. Suessish cake. Looks like something straight out of "Oh the things you could be..."

    ReplyDelete