Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME BUT....





Dorothy:  Oh - oh - what's happening? What is it? I can't run any more. I'm so sleepy.


Scarecrow:  Here, give us your hands and we'll pull you along.


Dorothy:  Oh no, please. I have to rest for just a minute. Toto...where's Toto?


Scarecrow:  Oh, you can't rest now. We're nearly there...






When we "moved" into my sister Mary's home 12 days ago, I was nervous about being able to maintain my sanity with all five kiddos, Gracie (their Golden retriever that Paolo was absolutely petrified of), and trying not to make my sister and Aaron regret ever opening their home to us. EveRyONe else was nervous that Mary and I would scratch one another's eyeballs out before the end of the stay... What??? I mean two southern Italian, germophobic sisters, with jacked up hormones staying in the same house for a week?  What could possibly go wrong? 

In all seriousness, Mary and Aaron, and let's not forget Jackie and Joey, have obtained saintly pateince... they're an amazing family that the Lord uses to bless us almost daily. Come day 7, after the second day that the "floor guy" didn't show, and after the nasty cold had spread to everyone... I knew we were looking at at least another 2 days...  Aaron promptly took over the floor job and worked so hard.  The floors turned out beautiful!! We all got along so well (even Paolo and Gracie) that we actually entertained the thought of us living in the same quarters as a permanent situation (of course this thought was just "etertained"...).

Yesterday, EleVEN days later, Aaron helped Adam move all the furniture back in. "Yes, let's run!" back HOME!  BUT true to Andrea form, I entered the "Field of Poppies" this morning... as I meandered about my beautiful new 1st floor... aimlessly... "so, so, so, sleepy" ... a million things to do, and not an ounce of energy. "I have to rest for just one minute...."

No comments:

Post a Comment